How to play sound on click or on page load using dreamweaver behaviors panel
This tutorial explains you how to play sound, music on Rollover, on Click or on page load using Dreamweaver Behaviors Panel.
This tutorial teaches you how to play sound on click or on page load using dreamweaver behaviors panel and thus assumes you are familiar with some design software, even if you are new to Adobe Dreamweaver. However be assured that our detailed instructions can be followed by even a total novice.
You Are Here ::: Home >> Free Tutorials >> Dreamweaver Tutorials >> Adding Sound
Note: Browsers may require some kind of additional audio support (such as an audio plug-in) to play sounds and different browsers with different plug-ins often play sounds differently.
For Example: Click here to play Music
How to Play sound using Dreamweaver Behaviors
- Select the link (either text / link) to play sound and open the Behaviors panel.
- Click Add (+) button and select the 'Play Sound' option from the Actions pop-up menu.
- Select the sound file by clicking the browse button, or enter the filename path in the 'Play Sound' text box and click Ok.
- Select the desired event to play the music/sound. For more events, change the target browser in the 'Show Events For' pop-up menu.
- The coding necessary to play the selected sound file is automatically generated by Dreamweaver.
- Save and test your file in a web browser. That's it you've learnt how to play music/sound in a web page when an event is triggered.
Adobe Dreamwever (Macromedia Dreamweaver prior to version 8). Please check out the compatible versions listed in the box below. Since this tutorial series covers the core functions of Dreamweaver to play sound on click or on page load using dreamweaver behaviors panel, mostly any version of these software should be fine.
Compatible Versions of Dreamweaver for this Tutorial
Note: The instructions in this tutorial are same across all Dreamweaver versions listed above; Screenshot images (if any) may differ. Recommended Version: Dreamweaver CS6